The federal government has opened the application portal for the Nigeria Jubilee fellow programme, a post–NYSC work placement programme for Nigerians.
The portal was opened Monday to interested applicants and the process will run for six weeks, “between September 6 and October 20, 2021.”
President Muhammadu Buhari launched the programme last Tuesday.
The fellowship is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The programme aims to equip Nigerian graduates with practical knowledge and relevant skills for a 12-month period, with or without job experience, thereby connecting them with local job opportunities.
The sectors include information and communications technology, financial services, trade, manufacturing, agriculture and agro-processing, mining, telecommunications, creative industries and technology, education, health, research and development.
The programme will create three options for applicants upon completion of the fellowship, including retainship with respective host organisations, entrepreneurship opportunities, and a platform to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
To apply, you must:
• Be a Nigerian citizen.
• Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline — not earlier than 2017.
• Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above.
• Be at most 30 years old.
• Not currently engaged in any employment.
• Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
• Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
• Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
• Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
• Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Eligible applicants can apply here: